Thursday, May 10, 2012

Two Truths And A Lie by Sara Shepard...

Series: The Lying Game (Book #3)
Published: February 7th 2012 by HarperTeen
Pages: 294
Rating: 2 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:
 
Sutton Mercer watches from the afterlife as her long-lost twin, Emma Paxton, takes over her identity to solve her murder. But after ruling out her early leads, Emma still hasn’t found Sutton’s killer. A lot of people wanted her dead—but one name keeps popping up: Thayer Vega. When the gorgeous and mysterious Thayer returns to town, Emma has to move fast to figure out whether he’s back for revenge…or if he already got it.

Set in a town where friends can turn into dangerous enemies and everyone harbors dark secrets, The Lying Game is a juicy new series that fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling Pretty Little Liars series—and the hit ABC Family show—will love.
 
Review:
 
When I got this book in the mail I was so excited to start reading it because I remember really loving the book before this "Never Have I Ever" and thinking how it ended on such a cliff-hanger, though it has been quite a while since I read that book so I can't remember many of the details but I do remember the feeling of suspense and adrenaline that I got from reading that book, so I was really excited when I got this book and really looking foward to the mysterious plotline. But sadly I was really disappointed.

The plot. To be honest the plot in this book just really confused me, maybe it's because I don't really remember much about the last book but I felt that the storyline was way to jumpy and it seemed to be going from one scene to the next very quickly and I just couldn't get a handle on what was happening in the story. I also found that for most of the book that the storyline dragged and sometimes became a little bit boring. But the thing that got me the most about plot of the book was the ending. It didn't even seem like the end of the book, there was no kind of lead up so it felt like the end of the book, really it just felt like the end of another chapter.

The characters. I have to admit I didn't really like most of the characters in this book. I did like Ethan and Emma because they seemed to be the most relateble and believeable and I really loved seeing thier relationship grow throughout the book. But I really had a problem with Sutton and Lorel's characters. Lorel got on my nerves throughout the whole book, she was just so jealous she just started acting strange towards the end of the book aswell. With Sutton's character, it didn't really seem like Sutton at all, she was far to nice and caring to be the Sutton that I have come to know throughout the other two books. There was no sign of jealousy or snide comments, it just didn't seem like Sutton at all.

Overall I was really disappointed with this book and now I'm a bit nervous because I pre-ordered the next book when I bought this one, so here's hoping that things change a lot in the next book.        

No comments:

Post a Comment