Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Series: Covenant (Book #1)
Published: October 18th 2011 by Spencer Hill Press
Pages: 281
Rating: 4 stars
Age Recommendation: -
 
Synopsis:
 
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.
 
Review:
 
I was really excited to get my hands on this book, because a friend of mine who has the exact same taste in books as me had reccomended it to me, so I went online (after a bit of research ofcourse) and ordered the two books that are currentky out in the series straight away. And I wasn't dissapointed.

The plot. When I was researching this book I found that a lot of poeple said that it was very similar to Richelle Mead's "Vampire Academy" series which I also found very early on in the book. there seemed to be a lot of the same storylines and just the basis of the book seemed to be the same with only a few name changes for certain things which I did find a little dissapointing. But it was still a really great book. I thought that the plot was a little slow to start but ehrn it did start to pick up I couldn't put it down.

The characters. I thought that the charcters were pretty well written in this book. I liked all the characters in this book and thought that they were all very believeable as characters. I loved Alex's snarky remarks and feisty behaviour throughout the book, it never failed to entertain me. Caleb's character seemed really loyal to Alex all the way throughout the book which was something I really admired about his charcter. Aiden's character I really liked, he had a mysteriousness about him that always made me wonder what he was thinking. The only main character I found myself not likeing was Seth. I thought that he was pretty arrogant which was really the main thing I didn't like about his character.

Overall I found myself really loving this book and I can't wait to start on the second one. If you have been searching for a book series just like "Vampire Academy" (which I have been doing for a long time until now) then this is the book series for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment