Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen...

Series: -
Published: May 11th 2004 by Penguin Group Inc.
Pages: 374
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

a long, hot summer...

That's what Macy has to look forward to while her boyfriend, Jason, is away at Brain Camp. Days will be spent at a boring job in the library, evenings will be filled with vocabulary drills for the SATs, and spare time will be passed with her mother, the two of them sharing a silent grief at the traumatic loss of Macy's father.

But sometimes unexpected things can happen—things such as the catering job at Wish, with its fun-loving, chaotic crew. Or her sister's project of renovating the neglected beach house, awakening long-buried memories. Things such as meeting Wes, a boy with a past, a taste for Truth-telling, and an amazing artistic talent, the kind of boy who could turn any girl's world upside down. As Macy ventures out of her shell, she begins to wonder, Is it really better to be safe than sorry?

Review:

I am really loving Sarah Dessen books lately, I decided that I would buy all of Sarah Dessen's books that I didn't have (which was all but one) to read over the summer and I am really glad I did. In the past three days alone I have read two Sarah Dessen books that I have to read and I am now starting the third. I can't get enough.

The plot. I loved the plot. I thought that it was really orginal and for me it was kind of like an emotional rollercoaster. For me the book was written in such a way that I could really see what was happening in my head and feel what Macy was going through, which I really liked. Another thing that I liked about the plot of this book was how I got to know more about Macy and Wes through the game "truth" I thought that it was a really fun and orginal way to show more about the charcters.

The characters. I think that Sarah Dessen really has got the art of writting really realistic and funny characters down to a science because she does it extremely well. I loved all the characters in this book, but especially everyone in the catering company, they had me laughing the whole way through this book. Ofcourse I loved Macy and Wes's charcters, I loved how I got to see their relationship grow throughout the book and I also liked how I saw Macy really come into her own and stand up for what she wanted. I also really loved Kristy and Bert's charcters they were the really standout side charcters for me, Bert always had me laughing and Kristy seemed like a friend that would be completely loyal to you and someone really worth having around.

Overall I really loved this book and I can't wait to start reading my next Sarah Dessen book.

No comments:

Post a Comment